About The Company of Biologists
The Company of Biologists is a not-for-profit publishing organisation dedicated to supporting and inspiring the biological community.
We are run by distinguished practising scientists. We exist to profit science, not shareholders. We inspire new thinking and support the community of biologists.
The focus of our activities is:
- publishing leading peer-reviewed journals
- facilitating scientific meetings and communities
- providing travel grants for young researchers
- supporting and funding research societies
Apply for a Grant or Travelling Fellowship
The Company of Biologists uses the surplus it generates for the benefit of biology and the biological community. We support through grant funding:
- Meetings, Workshops and conferences – both large and small – in the fields covered by our journals around the world.
- Scientific societies. Three of the societies we fund use part of our funding to provide travel grants to support early career scientists who wish to attend conferences.
- Travelling Fellowships to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories.
Our return to in-person conferences
As pandemic travel restrictions ease, our teams have been delighted to make a return to in-person exhibitions. It’s been great to catch up with some familiar faces and make new connections in the community.
Read more about our journal team’s first in-person exhibition since the start of the pandemic.
How The Company of Biologists supports early-career researchers
Early-career researchers (ECRs) are our future leaders in biology and it is vital that we support them in the first stages of their academic careers. Navigating the intricacies and demand of early academic life is no mean feat, with triumphs and tribulations scattered throughout.
ECRs are often in unfamiliar territory as they work hard to publish papers, grow their connections and engage in informal scientific activities to continuously promote themselves and their work with their peers.
Find out more about the practical support we offer ECRs to meet the unique needs and challenges they face.
You must be logged in to post a comment.