Three-year Read & Publish agreement with Jisc
A three-year Read & Publish agreement with Jisc is now available from 1 January 2022 – 31 December 2024 (with an annual opt out).
We are delighted that all 30 institutions which participated in the first agreement from 2020-2022 have renewed and that 14 additional institutions have signed up to the 2022-2024 agreement.
- See full details and pricing information on the Jisc website (Jisc-member institutions only).
- See participating institutions.
- Read feedback from authors.
- Read the announcement.
What does the Jisc Read & Publish agreement offer?
For a single annual charge, participating institutions benefit from:
- unlimited access to all three of The Company of Biologists’ prestigious hybrid journals – Development, Journal of Cell Science and Journal of Experimental Biology – including the full archive dating back to 1853
- uncapped, immediate and fee-free Open Access publishing of accepted articles by corresponding authors under CC BY licence terms in:
Jisc Publications Router Service
The Company of Biologists is now providing full-text Open Access (OA) articles for distribution to UK institutional repositories via Jisc’s Publications Router service. This means that the version of record is delivered automatically to authors’ institutions, usually within seven weeks of acceptance, together with rich and authoritative metadata.
The Jisc Publications Router Service is available free of charge to Jisc-member higher education institutions with compatible systems.
Partnership with OA Switchboard
The Company of Biologists has partnered with the OA Switchboard to simplify and streamline the transfer of OA publication-level information to libraries and funders. Jisc member institutions can sign up to the OA Switchboard free of charge until the end of 2023 here.
- Five-journal package (Development, Journal of Cell Science, Journal of Experimental Biology, Disease Models & Mechanisms, Biology Open):
- Aberystwyth University
- Bangor University
- Cardiff University
- Durham University (new from 2022)
- Lancaster University
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology & MRC Harwell
- NBI (Norwich Bioscience Institutes) Library (new from 2022)
- Newcastle University (new from 2022)
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Queen’s University of Belfast (new from 2022)
- St George’s University of London
- The Open University
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Manchester (new from 2022)
- Ulster University (new from 2022)
- University of Bath (new from 2022)
- University of Birmingham
- University of Cambridge
- University of East Anglia
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow (new from 2022)
- University of Kent (new from 2022)
- University of Leeds (new from 2022)
- University of Liverpool
- University of Nottingham
- University of Portsmouth
- University of Reading
- University of St Andrews
- University of Stirling
- University of Sussex (new from 2022)
- Three-journal package (Development, Journal of Cell Science and Journal of Experimental Biology):
- Imperial College London
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Royal Veterinary College
- University College London
- University of Aberdeen (new from 2022)
- University of Bristol
- University of Dundee (new from 2022)
- University of Lincoln
- University of Oxford
- University of Southampton (new from 2022)
- University of York
Any questions? Contact us