The Company of Biologists Workshop ‘Evo-Chromo: Towards an Integrative Approach of Chromatin Dynamics Across Eukaryotes’ took place at Wiston House, West Sussex, UK, from 4 to 7 November 2018.
Organised by Frederic Berger and Ines Anna Drinnenberg, this workshop explored the following new fields of research:
- Expansion of genomic and proteomic data mining to reconstruct the evolutionary trajectories of chromatin composition and regulation
- New tools to access and combine the extensive genomic data in a large range of organisms for comparative genomics
- Impact of chromatin on Genome dynamics
- New experimental tools and model systems to explore the diversity of chromatin
- The reciprocal impacts between chromatin dynamics and evolution of genome architecture