About The Company of Biologists
The Company of Biologists is a not-for-profit publishing organisation dedicated to supporting and inspiring the biological community.
We are run by distinguished practising scientists. We exist to profit science, not shareholders. We inspire new thinking and support the community of biologists.
The focus of our activities is:
- publishing leading peer-reviewed journals
- facilitating scientific meetings and communities
- providing travel grants for young researchers
- supporting and funding research societies
Apply for a Grant or Travelling Fellowship
The Company of Biologists uses the surplus it generates for the benefit of biology and the biological community. We support through grant funding:
- Meetings, Workshops and conferences – both large and small – in the fields covered by our journals around the world.
- Scientific societies. Three of the societies we fund use part of our funding to provide travel grants to support early career scientists who wish to attend conferences.
- Travelling Fellowships to graduate students and post-doctoral researchers wishing to make collaborative visits to other laboratories.
For a year where nothing much really happened, a lot happened at The Company of Biologists. In the midst of the ongoing pandemic, we saw long-term projects and new ventures come to fruition. Read our lowdown of 2020 at The Company of Biologists.
2020 wasn’t an easy year for anyone, and we would like to thank our community of authors, Editors, reviewers and staff for their enduring support and hard work. We really couldn’t have done it without you.
Happy New Year!