Transfer to Biology Open from Journal of Cell Science
Launched in 2011, BiO is an Open Access journal that publishes rigorously conducted high-quality research across the biological and biomedical sciences.
It’s published by The Company of Biologists – the established not-for-profit publisher of Journal of Cell Science (JCS).
It’s easy to submit
- There’s no need to repeat the submission process or reformat your manuscript.
- Transfer from JCS with a single click.
- You can revise the article in response to any transferred reviews.
- You get rapid editorial decisions from research-active academic Editors.
- Transfer with existing reviews and you usually avoid the need for further rounds of review – and get a decision in an average of 8 days.
- The majority of papers transferred with reviews are accepted for publication.
It’s well respected
- BiO papers are handled by field leaders, including Catherine L. Jackson, Chris Maher, Yong Peng and Luca Scorrano, in a team led by Editor-in-Chief Steven Kelly.
- All articles are indexed by PubMed, PMC, Medline, Scopus and Web of Science (2020 Impact Factor 2.422).
- BiO was awarded the DOAJ seal.
- BiO is an Open Access journal.
- Articles are published under the CC-BY license.
- We charge a fee of $1995 (plus VAT where applicable), with no other page or colour charges.
- Discounted or fee-free publication in BiO is available through many of our Read & Publish agreements (five-journal package). Find out whether you are eligible (applies to corresponding authors).
Ready to transfer?
To transfer a paper, reply to your decision letter to instruct article transfer or click on the link in the letter. We take it from there.
If you have any questions, please contact our Editorial Office
at email@example.com – we’re here to help.