Transfer to Biology Open from Disease Models & Mechanisms
Launched in 2012, BiO is an Open Access journal that publishes rigorously conducted high-quality research across the biological and biomedical sciences.
It’s published by The Company of Biologists – the established not-for-profit publisher of Disease Models & Mechanisms (DMM).
It’s easy to submit
- There’s no need to repeat the submission process or reformat your manuscript.
- Transfer from DMM with a single click.
- You can revise the article in response to any transferred reviews.
- You get rapid editorial decisions from research-active academic Editors.
- Transfer with existing reviews and you usually avoid the need for further rounds of review – and get a decision in an average of 10 days.
- The majority of papers transferred with reviews are accepted for publication.
It’s well respected
- BiO papers are handled by field leaders, in a team led by Editor-in-Chief Steven Kelly.
- All articles are indexed by PubMed, PMC, Medline, Scopus and Web of Science (2020 Impact Factor 2.422).
- BiO was awarded the DOAJ seal.
- BiO is an Open Access journal.
- Articles are published under the CC-BY license.
- We charge a fee of $1995 (plus VAT where applicable), with no other page or colour charges.
- Discounted or fee-free publication in BiO is available through many of our Read & Publish agreements (five-journal package). Find out whether you are eligible (applies to corresponding authors).
Ready to transfer?
To transfer a paper, reply to your decision letter to instruct
article transfer or click on the link in the letter. We take it from there.
If you have a question, contact our editorial office
at email@example.com – we’re here to help.