Propose a new Workshop
The Workshop Committee are currently seeking proposals for Workshops to be held during 2022. The next deadline for applications is 31 July 2020.
We aim to be responsive to the community and open to novel initiatives, so if you have a new idea for a biological workshop that you feel would work well, please apply.
The Company of Biologists is committed to enabling sustainable event solutions and will be looking to run a number of Workshops virtually in 2022. Please state clearly on your application if you wish to be considered for a virtual Workshop.
Workshop proposals should take into account the following:
- The focus should be on cutting-edge scientific research in topic areas that are novel and not covered by traditional conferences.
- Proposals that concentrate on emerging or cross-disciplinary themes are particularly encouraged.
- Organisers should be experts in their field, or have sufficient standing to attract world-class speakers and attendees.
- Particularly strong postdoc and early-career researcher applications will be considered.
- An indication of how the Workshop will contribute to establishing new collaborations or research directions should be provided.
- Each Workshop will consist of 30 delegates including 20 speakers and 10 early-career researchers (places to be applied for). Proposers should ensure maximum diversity in the proposed attendee list.
As the scientific organiser, your involvement will be focused on the science. We will undertake all of the logistical arrangements, liaise with the venue, organise speaker travel, assist with the programme construction and fund the meeting.
For virtual meetings we will manage all of the online requirements. We will provide software that allows for engaging and interactive presentations, as well as making space for the discussions that are such a key part of all of our Workshops.
Please email your completed application form to our Workshop Team. Proposals will be evaluated on scientific merit by the Workshop Committee. Proposals should include details of potential chairs and 20 speakers, an outline of the motivation for holding the Workshop on this theme, the programme plan and the anticipated outcome of the meeting.