Transfer to Biology Open from eLife
Launched in 2011, BiO is an Open Access journal that publishes rigorously conducted high-quality research across the biological and biomedical sciences.
It’s published by The Company of Biologists – the established not-for-profit publisher of Development, Journal of Cell Science, Journal of Experimental Biology and Disease Models & Mechanisms.
It’s easy to submit
- There’s no need to repeat the submission process or reformat your manuscript.
- Reviewer reports can be transferred from eLife to BiO.
- You can revise the article in response to any transferred reviews.
- You get rapid editorial decisions from research-active academic Editors.
- Transfer with existing reviews and you usually avoid the need for further rounds of review – and get a decision in an average of 10 days.
- The majority of papers transferred with reviews are accepted for publication.
It’s well respected
- BiO papers are handled by field leaders, including Kendra Greenlee, Lewis Halsey, Catherine L. Jackson, Yishi Jin, Sjannie Lefevre, Chris Maher, Jennifer Nichols, Yong Peng, Tristan Rodríguez and Luca Scorrano, in a team led by Editor-in-Chief Steven Kelly.
- All articles are indexed by PubMed, PMC, Medline, Scopus and Web of Science (2020 Impact Factor 2.422).
- BiO was awarded the DOAJ seal.
- BiO is an Open Access journal.
- Articles are published under the CC-BY license.
- We charge a fee of $1995 (plus VAT where applicable), with no other page or colour charges.
- Discounted or fee-free publication in BiO is available through many of our Read & Publish agreements (five-journal package). Find out whether you are eligible (applies to corresponding authors).
Ready to transfer?
To transfer a specific paper, reply to your decision letter to instruct article transfer by the eLife team or email the BiO office at email@example.com. We take it from there.
If you have a specific question, contact our Editorial Office
at firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re here to help.